Will the 1.6gtd fuel pump fit my 1.9 diesel 94 golf engine?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

big green bus
80-90 Mem No: 7088

Will the 1.6gtd fuel pump fit my 1.9 diesel 94 golf engine?

Post by big green bus »

Hi all,
There is a fuel pump for sale (1.6 gtd diesel pump) by 'cal5289' in the general forsale section on this site and it's off a Passat. Does anybody know if this will fit my 1.9 (non turbo) diesel 1994 golf engine, that i have in my T25? Any advice/guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Re: Will the 1.6gtd fuel pump fit my 1.9 diesel 94 golf engine?

Post by syncroandy »

FWIW I think it'll bolt in OK, but its not the right pump for the engine so will not run as intended. The GTD pump has the LDA (its off the turbo motor) and the injectors run at a different pressure so some fiddling would be required to get the fuelling right.

Why would you want to try this, theres got to be plenty of the correct N/A pumps available ? Some peeps have turbo'ed their N/A motor and may have their old pumps lying around..
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

big green bus
80-90 Mem No: 7088

Post by big green bus »

syncroandy wrote:FWIW I think it'll bolt in OK, but its not the right pump for the engine so will not run as intended. The GTD pump has the LDA (its off the turbo motor) and the injectors run at a different pressure so some fiddling would be required to get the fuelling right.

Why would you want to try this, theres got to be plenty of the correct N/A pumps available ? Some peeps have turbo'ed their N/A motor and may have their old pumps lying around..

Yeah, i've looked on the forum, maybe I'll put a 'wanted' post up. wasn't sure if the one above was the same, as It'd make my life easier! Thanks for the advice, i'm changing the fuel filter tonight, and hoping that that'll make a difference!

Many thanks,
Andy

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

big green bus wrote: Yeah, i've looked on the forum, maybe I'll put a 'wanted' post up. wasn't sure if the one above was the same, as It'd make my life easier! Thanks for the advice, i'm changing the fuel filter tonight, and hoping that that'll make a difference!

Not clear what your symptoms are but I'd change the air filter before fuel filter if in doubt.
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004