Bumper extension

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Eta-Beta

Bumper extension

Post by Eta-Beta »

Decided to buy this bumper extension to hide some of the low hanging items of the scooby engine. should give it a less cluttered and cleaner look
T25 Vanaru EJ25

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: Bumper extension

Post by toomanytoys »

Hey Ash
Is it all up and running now then??? :ok

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

oh yes,, still got to take out on the road yet ,that will be happening in next 10 days . still just adjusting little things,, such as bleeding up the coolant. today ive removed the vw tranny cooler,,fitted the mocal and got the pipes made,,, just waiting for the m12 adapter which should be tomorrow,,, tommorrow painting the bumper extension and hopefully come sunday it will be ready for its 1st outing. any progress with my old dj ? cheers Ash
T25 Vanaru EJ25

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

breize blocks collapse, scary, get some proper axle stands ffs

Allanw
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Allanw »

Aidan wrote:breize blocks collapse, scary, get some proper axle stands ffs

They sure do (had it happen once, but no injuries/death)

Just last weekend, had the T3 slip off a scissor jack under the front - I had just removed the axle stand and put the wheel on. Jack landed 1metre away from the van, and the front bumper collected me a good one on the knee - If I hadn't rolled, because I saw what was happening, I'd have at least a broken Femur, and probably hip/pelvis - It was close :shock:

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN - don't take risks! solid wood is more reliable, but real axle stands are the right way to do it!
Allan :-)

'84 T3 Kombi, EJ25 DOHC.
Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound.

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Post by big red bus »

Hi Ash,
never knew that was your van. Have seen that about and think its stunning. Good work by the way on the install. looks nice and neat job. Will keep eyes peeled for that van. its in heritages catalogue on one of the pages? go and dig it out now to look. :ok

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

yes dan sure is,, you going to bus types? coat of primer today.
T25 Vanaru EJ25

big red bus

Post by big red bus »

May venture out for the sunday, not sure as yet. Will see it about at one of the shows no doubt. Not had any incidents with mr plod with those plates on? Was forever being stopped for the region stickers on my mk2 vr.

Where you get that extension? like the idea.

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

No Dan, never had any issues with the plates, ive got a rear magnetic one i just slap on when i m gona go on the motorways, the front never goes out with out the bra on ,so its kind of less noticeable and overlapped a bit. The extensions are from axel winkler and Helmut in Germany. Now one niggling problem i have , is i have a whine at certain revs coming from the tranny cooler pipes, if i hold them they are certainly vibrating, any ideas for a fix? Going to bus types saturday, taking caravan so will be stopping on a club site locallly. cheers ash
T25 Vanaru EJ25

big red bus

Post by big red bus »

I used P clips all along mine every 12 inch or so to hold and support them in place but I put my cooler behind the n/s lamp so run my pipes up and along the side of the engine in the bay. In the photo they seem to cross and one seems to almost be touching the body. could it be there where the vibration is? do they need to cross under each other like that

Eta-Beta

Post by Eta-Beta »

time to fit, well pleased with allignment and quality of fit.
T25 Vanaru EJ25