Subaru Syncro Caravelle, post conversion

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rollercoaster
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Re: Subaru Syncro Caravelle, post conversion

Post by rollercoaster »

First, thankyou to all the contributors to both the forum, and particularly to the parts and work on my van, which with the help of those contributions, is a joy to drive and own.
Thankyou Simon for the offer, dont worry I fully intend to keep on returning the van to you and my search for advice on this or any forum is only intended to be helpful towards sorting out these details, as a first Syncro conversion, it is a bit of a research and development project for us both. For anyone new to this, Simon has a great deal of experience converting to Subaru power, at least with the 2wd vans, and I hope more people will get their Syncros converted by him too. RJES is the most highly thought of conversion parts supplier, with faultless quality and customer support, Simon was recommended to me by RJES as a good man to do the work, with great attention to detail. He is also a T25 fanatic, who works as a one man band. His prices are reasonable and I am aware that there are a lot of little details that can add up to mounting costs in terms of parts and labour.

Second, Richards note that misinformation occurs from contributors is fair enough, and I could be the first person to admit that people might not get sound information from me, and when I have had conflicting information about what sumps/exhaust/engine mounts fit together in which ways on this forum it has been obvious that at least one of the reports must be wrong because they cant all be right. But beyond that, I would like to think that anyones contribution is helpful, and not because they are clever or always right, but because the more information is shared, the more supportive an environment it creates.

The main body of people that convert seem to be "amateurs" but they do publish and share their successes and pitfalls, which is then useful to professionals.
A lot of mistakes have been made by a lot of people which only contributes to future success, there is no wrong, only the learning curve, experience and practice.
At one time I was reading forums like this thinking about becoming a syncro owner, then later trawling through looking for posts on how to convert my syncros motor, its all useful.

Now this thread on post conversion details, is not only helpful to me now, but I hope be useful to people considering converting, in how they choose or plan the work.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever

Syncro Danbury 2.0 petrol AGG