subaru or diesel td conversion for t25?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dubmadjay
80-90 Mem No: 7805

subaru or diesel td conversion for t25?

Post by dubmadjay »

Hi every one, im the proud owner of a vw t25 but im thinking of a engine up grade im not sure what to have. Ive seen all sorts td, tdi, various subaru engines the two i like is a vw td or a none turbo subaru just something with a bit more power. The problem is its not a job i could do, can any one recommend whats the best conversion to have, what sort price am i looking at and some where that could supply & fit to a good standard i live in the west midlands.

thanks for your time & help :ok

ade700
80-90 Mem No: 8109

Re: subaru or diesel td conversion for t25?

Post by ade700 »

this is my mates business thay mainly do splitties but its worth a try asking them :D

http://fellowsspeedshop.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
all smoke no poke

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Re: subaru or diesel td conversion for t25?

Post by big red bus »

What engine to go for depends on what your budget is really and what you want to achieve from new engine. Is your van curently petrol or diesel. Changin from one to the other is not that straight forward. Why only scooby petrol engine. I my self have a 2.2 subaru lump pushin me a long but there not cheap to get done. Popular choice at the mo sems to be vw 2.0 ltr 2e or AGG from mk3 golf etc. Cheap to buy relaible and good mpg and way better than a wbx. Td diesel would be aaz although old now or 1z but again not cheap to get done.
I would think for any engine conversion you are looking at 2 1/2K to 4K done properly. I did mine my self so cost me nothing but labour to pay someone, pricey me thinks. Just how deep are your pockets that is the ultimate question!