Do i need?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

tonysbus
80-90 Mem No: 525

Do i need?

Post by tonysbus »

I'm changing from a dg petrol to a 1.6td my question is do i need a loom front to rear or just the engine bay loom my van is a 1988 converted panel van.

Tony :ok

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Do i need?

Post by Aidan »

just the engine loom, afaik, you may need one wire for trigger for glow plugs ?, you'll see when you get the engine loom and get the diesel engine bay black box too where the plugs join and it will all be obvious when you unplug the wbx one

tonysbus

Post by tonysbus »

Thanks Aidan i've had conflicting advice, I'll bell you Tuesday about coming over for the parts i need for the gear box.

Thanks Tony :ok

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

it varies so much between model years - if you'd been doing the straight forward swap you thought it was going to be then yes take the whole front to back loom and engine bay loom with the engine, but in this case see what you need first

billy739
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1541

Post by billy739 »

the petrol will not have a glowplug lamp feed to the fusebox.

i have tho found that some vans DO have the wire from the fusebox to the dash console

also TD vans ran a 2 speed cooling fan which used a seperate feed for full speed which went from the engine bay black box to the relar above the fusebox on the A pillar petrol and non turbo vans did not have this its a thick wire similar to the starter solenoid wire.

dont forget the battery is in the engine bay of diesel vans

tonysbus

Post by tonysbus »

Thanks Aidan/Billy i thgink i will get it up n running and like you say Aidan then see what i need, As for the fan again just see how it goes really but thanks for the advice Billy always appreciated.

Tony