engine replacement

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hob

engine replacement

Post by hob »

hi all, just a quick engine question,
i have just inherited a t25 1983 1.9 watercooled dg. but it requires a new engine, i have seen replacement engines on the web but think that along with block i will have to change almost all other parts, i was wondering if an air cooled would drop straight in... if so would the 1.7 Aircooled fit i am no speed demon so the speed doesnt bother me, finally would anyone fancy putting me an engine in i am in rotherham, s/yorkshire thanks evryone any advice would be appreciated,

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: engine replacement

Post by Aidan »

Aircooled engine = less power, don't do it just get another DG they are pretty easy to pick up

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: engine replacement

Post by toomanytoys »

going from watercooled to Aircooled is a whole lot of hassle and then fitting a 1.7 type 4 engine is another set of "opportunities.." (I have done a 1.7 into an early Aircooled T25, its a lot of work.. trust me.. :wink: )

Get another DG and slap it in... job done...