a selection of adapter plates.......

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Diamond Hell
80-90 Mem No: 830

Post by Diamond Hell »

I've already explained why an adaptor plate isn't (in my opinion) the best route forward, whether it's TSR, KEP or Smallcar selling one.

I've also explained why DIY-ing a mount without a jig for alignment isn't the best solution.

Try reading the post above, eh?
Diamond Hell
Still Syncro, just much fasterer

scoobyvan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by scoobyvan »

i didnt say they didnt use a jig ,and i can read thanks, i have also used one of richards bellhousings.its my van he has pics of on his site.i have a turbo one ordered as well.i spoke to richard about using the scooby engine carrier and he couldnt see why it couldnt be used if aligned properly.after all it works in a subaru.the engine mounts are in the right place.its only height and centreing it up that needs doing then .it seems to work ok (about 20 conversions done this way with no problems). :D

i personally agree with you on the plates but its not an option on a beetle box or an auto :wink:

Diamond Hell

Post by Diamond Hell »

if aligned properly

Right, OK then. Not exactly the sort of thing that many people have available to them, especially not those who are doing conversions on a budget, as most people on here will be, so better buy one made by someone with a jig maybe?

WHy not enlighten us all with your knowledge rather than coming over all attitude? :roll:
Diamond Hell

missusjen

Post by missusjen »

Ah, you guys and your smiley emoticon thingies.....nice to see you can have a sensible, aggro free discussion........ :wink:

"HEY, LOOK AT MY CAR"

I bid you farewell.......for now.......

Louey
80-90 Mem No: 1108

Post by Louey »

thanks Jen - some of us have a lot of Uni work to do :)
Louey

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ 'The only Tranny in the village' ▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

scoobyvan

Post by scoobyvan »

Diamond Hell wrote:
if aligned properly

Right, OK then. Not exactly the sort of thing that many people have available to them, especially not those who are doing conversions on a budget, as most people on here will be, so better buy one made by someone with a jig maybe?

WHy not enlighten us all with your knowledge rather than coming over all attitude? :roll:

anybody that needs to know anything i am more than happy to help,or try to the best of my knowledge,there is even an e-mail address on tsr saying so along with if you want any specific pics.i have forgotten how many people i have taken out for a test drive before they buy anything(a lot from on here).i also do not do it for any financial gain what so ever .

so for attitude look in the mirror :roll:

Diamond Hell

Post by Diamond Hell »

i am more than happy to help,

So why not put some things like your name and location in your profile, rather than keeping us guesing?

If you are staff or the owner of TSR then you're more likely to get rather more credance than some numpty and it's an opportunity to promote your business. Alternatively why don't you continue sniping from the sidelines..... maybe encouraged by A.N. Other infamous 8090 member......
Diamond Hell

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Can we keep this thread along technical lines please :!:
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1