JR ENGINE CONVERSION

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jtwhitestar
80-90 Mem No: 7865

JR ENGINE CONVERSION

Post by jtwhitestar »

HI ALL
I would like some advice, i have been given a 1.6 td jr engine with all the gubbins.
My van used to be a 1.6 td jx but has been changed to a 19 n/a aef losing exhaust manifold and exhaust.
I have looked for stuff on the jr but not much joy, so my question are the jr and the aaz turbo arrangement similar. so that i can research topics
on aaz conversions with that arrangement, does anyone have this set up.
i know i should go bigger but its a good engine and i have been told it can be tuned
thanks jt
whitestar 19 n/a aef diesel

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Re: JR ENGINE CONVERSION

Post by camper »

Fitted a JR engine in my van a while ago but now running a 1Y.The JR engine has OIL cooling jets so it can be run turbo it has( hydro tappets)not shimmed like a JX.Its a direct replacement you can use all the parts from a 1.6td just swop over.Remember to fit a spiget bearing into the the crank for the T25 gearbox input shaft.

jtwhitestar
80-90 Mem No: 7865

Re: JR ENGINE CONVERSION

Post by jtwhitestar »

Thanks for the reply
as the van has already been converted to a aef before i had it, i don't have all the td bits.
i have the sump. inlet manifold, airbox with a cut up hose.
i was just thinking of keeping the turbo arrangement of the jr rather than source a jx exhaust manifold and bits
i have seen posts of aaz's using all there bits pump and stuff
jt
whitestar 19 n/a aef diesel