Engine number revisited

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

albertorondm

Engine number revisited

Post by albertorondm »

Hi to all,
I'm reposting this query as my campa wasn't around for me to take photo's.
Casted onto the engine block is 19TD and 22 F 93 is casted under the forth injector, also on what looks like an earth strap is AUK 068 972 095 B DE??
If photo's don't help I could post more but may need a little help with the upload. This is the 4th time of trying.

Can anybody help me identify the engine I have in my van. It has been converted from a 16 to a 19td (log book still states 1600). I have looked on the block under the 3rd injector and even rubbing down with emery paper doesn't reveal anythink. Is there any other areas that are used to stamp the engine. I was told by previous owner it was an aaz out of a golf but after sorting out numurous bodges I realise the chap is full of wind.
I have considered changing the engine again if I can't solve this problem. Bit drastic I know, please can you.
Albert

garyd
80-90 Mem No: 2934

Re: Engine number revisited

Post by garyd »

Probably not a lot of help to you but it does all look very similar to the AAZ I used to have in mine. That came from a 96 Passat.

Is there still a paper sticker with a bar code on the top of the cambelt cover? This will originally have had the engine number printed on it as part of the build sequence. It could have gone of course over the years but my current 98 petrol engine still has its sticker in pristine condition.

It sounds like your looking in the right place - a smooth flat area of the block just below the 3rd injector. Again, on my engine almost all trace of the stamped (indented, not cast) number has gone.
Good luck,

Garyd
Garyd

1990 Transporter syncro camper
2 litre AGG 'GTi' engine

albertorondm

Post by albertorondm »

Thanks for the reply, but there's nothing on cam belt cover either.

If there's anyone in the north notts area that knows a thing or two on these motors and conversions your more than welcome to call round and put me straight, or out my misery.

Thanks again

BOXY
80-90 Mem No: 8826

Post by BOXY »

What about asking your local VW dealer?
2ltr Aircooled CU with twin Solex's & originally a 009 dizzie, but now back to standard.

albertorondm

Post by albertorondm »

Sometimes you just don't see the wood for the trees. I will check that option out tomorrow.

Cheers

albertorondm

Post by albertorondm »

Local dealer suggested I check the engine block above the bell housing but still no joy.
The two pictures show areas that I'm looking in to locate the engine stamp, one above bell housing the other below the third injecter. both areas have been cleaned????? :(
Sorry, can't get pics on for some reason.

Going to bang my head on the wall for an hour or two see if that helps.

cheers