Golf Mk1 Gti Engine (DX) Help Please

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bmouthboyo
80-90 Mem No: 9396

Re: Golf Mk1 Gti Engine (DX) Help Please

Post by bmouthboyo »

Yea I know these wont fit my engine but if I could see your diagrams you sent to the company I could take measurement and knock some diagrams up for what I need. I am just a bit unsure as to what they would need to work from, so by seeing yours might get a bigger picture

cheers
1983 Autosleeper Trooper - 1.8 Gti Conversion

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

all i did was a drawing with the bore (external diamiter) of the pipe, the shape of the pipes with the radius of the bends that i wanted, as mine were all flat bends this was easy, it may be worth eather posting it too them, or if you dont want to do that you could go to you local long life or costom exhaust center as they will be able to shape the pipe for you the only problem that i can for see is them having the corect size spigots. it may be worth sourcing these.

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Post by big red bus »

Just broke apart a old mk2 golf 1300 engine with what looks exactly that pipe fitted. Will post a pic up if your still looking for one but when I saw it, though it looked identical and its n good condition. Thanks,
Dan.

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Post by big red bus »

Hello, have apic of pipe and sorry but having looked at both now completely different. This one could prob easy be made to fit though. Heres a pic any way.

:ok

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

ah looks like its on the other side from mine (water tank)

think I need to get this custom made

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

Still trying to source a suitable replacement for this pipe.

Any ideas?

If I was to get the diesel one from brickwerks how would I hook the oil cooler up? The pipe would go to it but where would the outlet on the cooler go?

Really stuck on this one at the moment, hoping to see if any local fabricators can knock me one up. Anyone guess how much this might cost?

Thanks