AAZ conversion - modified JX manifold

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dcfb77
80-90 Mem No: 8259

AAZ conversion - modified JX manifold

Post by dcfb77 »

Just acquired low mileage AAZ for my Syncro and am about to make an order to BW so I can get started. I think I understand the process for the conversion, all except the exhaust manifold & turbo bit.....

Different places say different things so I'm a bit confused :oops: .... so I have some questions I'm hoping you knowledgable peeps will be able to help with:

- Do I keep the JX manifold & turbo or use the AAZ set up which looks like it has better airflow? Or a combination of the 2? AAZ currently fitted with K03 turbo.

- If I keep the JX manifold where can I get it ported to match the AAZ exhaust ports? Not keen on fitting it as it is...

- If I use the AAZ manifold & turbo, anyone know where to find/have made a exhaust that fits?

- Which injector pump this is (see link below), tried for ages to see the part number but I cant see sh!t where its stamped...

http://gallery.me.com/dcfb#100066

Off to machinemart in the morning to get an engine stand to get this started.....god oh god I hope this conversion doesnt turn out to be a nightmare!

David.
RHD Syncro twin slider (AGG) - orange

futbus
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1266

Re: AAZ conversion - modified JX manifold

Post by futbus »

We can modify your AAZ or your JX manifold, but we prefer to use the AAZ inlet manifold and change the inlet position to the same as the JX. We can skim the faces at the same time to ensure all flat, and also skim the exhaust manifold faces.

Let us know if you need our help.

vandad
80-90 Mem No: 8081

Re: AAZ conversion - modified JX manifold

Post by vandad »

Good luck, I hope you are quicker than me. I've been doing mine since about May last year. Give me a shout if you have any questions. My AAZ is a 1994 engine. Nothing v. tricky so far, just plenty of it. Cheers Vandad.
1989 Magnum(?) Multivan LHD German Import was JX, now AAZ