Engine number

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

albertorondm

Engine number

Post by albertorondm »

Hi to all,
Can anybody help me identify the engine I have in my van. It has been converted from a 16 to a 19td (log book still states 1600). I have looked on the block under the 3rd injector and even rubbing down with emery paper doesn't reveal anythink. Is there any other areas that are use to stamp the engine. I was told by previous owner it was an aaz out of a golf but after sorting out numurous bodges I realise the chap is full of wind.
I have considered changing the engine again if I can't solve this problem. Bit drastic I know, please can you.
Albert

ewenmaclean
80-90 Mem No: 7306

Re: Engine number

Post by ewenmaclean »

Hello,

if you can't find the engine code maybe you could take a few pictures and somebody might be able to identify it for you - lots of knowledgable people on here. I'd take a pic from the top, the pump and the turbo - that should probably give a good idea what it is and if it's modified. Hope you're getting some of your troubles sorted.

Ewen

albertorondm

Re: Engine number

Post by albertorondm »

Hi Ewen.
Very sorry I've not got back but I'm know in Albania till March so I'm affraid I'll have to repost my question when I get back home. I've taken onboard the fact that you may need pics to solve my problem, so as soon as I get home I'll make it my first job and get back on the case. Thankyou for your intrest pics will be taken and posted early March.
Cheers Albert