AAZ engine conversion

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

chappers
80-90 Mem No: 8150

AAZ engine conversion

Post by chappers »

Hi

After reading a few forums, i am trying to sort out an AAZ 1.9td engine as a replacement for my 1.6TD currently fitted, my questions are as follows.

1. Has anyone got an AAZ engine for sale?

2. Has anyone got a checklist or equivalent for conversion items that are needed or is there a conversion kit available?

any help would be greatly appreciated

regards

chappers

g60steve
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: AAZ engine conversion

Post by g60steve »

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpec ... ds/aaz.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brickwerks sell quite a few of the conversion bits.

There's someone on the Brick-Yard selling a low mileage AAZ.
There's no 'r' in bought!

H-G
80-90 Mem No: 7142

Re: AAZ engine conversion

Post by H-G »

Alternatively, you can often buy a complete car for about the same as you will buy an engine - at least then you know the engine is good before you re-use it.

As for a list - pm and I can provide you with a list of just about everything you will need. If you have a JX in there already, then the majority of things are re-used on the AAZ. there is some work to do to make sure that you get a good conversion; small things, that if not done, will make the difference between a good and a mediocre conversion.

You can get everything else you need form Mr Baxter. Top tip is to wait until you have the engine and gearbox out as there will be other things that you will to change - CV boots for one, gearbox oil while it is on the floor.

If you do nothing else, make sure that you change the cambelt, idler pulley and the crankshaft pulley bolt.

Have fun - it won't set the world on fire, but it does make a noticeable difference.