are pug 1.9 td's hard to fit?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sharonjpp
80-90 Mem No: 4439

are pug 1.9 td's hard to fit?

Post by sharonjpp »

Hi all,my 1.9 1y is on it's last legs and it's time 4 a change,l've been offerd a 1.9 td out of a pug 405 low mileage and very cheap,l've never looked into fitting a pug as l allways fit vw diesels in various forms 1.6,1.9 td/na,l need to know is it a load of hassle and what needs changing cheers.

sharonjpp
80-90 Mem No: 4439

Re: are pug 1.9 td's hard to fit?

Post by sharonjpp »

After reading a few posts about pug 1.9 td's in a t25...... l think i'll stick with vw's!!!

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

http://vwkd.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Its a good engine replacement provided the conversion is done properly.But as i have said before if i was going to replace the 1Y engine in my van i would fit the VW 2E petrol engine http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0532993415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You can use the angled sump & engine mounts flywheel&clutch off the diesel .You need a wiring loom and ECU for the VW 2E engine &fabricate an exhaust down pipe to fit the manifold.

H-G
80-90 Mem No: 7142

Post by H-G »

This should give you some idea of what is needed if you wish to put an AAZ in there, however, please note that it was replacing a 1.6 JX so I had all of the necessary pipe-work to make it a very straight forward swap. If you have all of the bits, I am sure it could be achieved in a couple of weekends

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The engine will not change the world,, however it does make for a much more relaxed real-world drive.

Have fun.

wigster
80-90 Mem No: 7450

Post by wigster »

if you fancy a pug, have a word with 'billy739' or 'famous phil' they seem more than pleased with their's, I think billy's mite even be the 2.1 multivalve, tho not sure. I run a 1.9tdi from a 406 in my velle and it suits me fine, tis good on fuel and has more of an appetite for revs than the vw1.9s so gearing is not quite as critical. As a comparison, I'd definately say, tis as quick as a 1.9t4 up to about 80, will go a fair bit more but I don't run a tacho yet, so only really boot it for very short bursts. :ok
HOW MUCH!
1987 1.9tdi pug powered twin slider velle