replacement engine for my 1.6d

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

brandygangster
80-90 Mem No: 7389

replacement engine for my 1.6d

Post by brandygangster »

Hi guys

My engine a couple of weeks ago took a turn for the worse and blew up, leaving the entire contents of oil over the road.

So now im on the lookout for a engine replacement to get her back on the road. I have been trawling through the site and want to go down the AAZ route.

Does anyone know where I can find someone who can supply and fit one into my 85 1.6d, and an idea of cost. At xmas i saw a couple of ads on ebay but nothing now. Im in Cambs but can move it around if needed.

cheers

neil
1984 VW T25 Camper - Subaru EJ20 Turbo Engine
1987 VW T25 Syncro Doka - GTi engine

H-G
80-90 Mem No: 7142

Re: replacement engine for my 1.6d

Post by H-G »

Hi Neil,

I am in Huntingdon and recently did a similar swap. Look on P2 of this forum at JX to AAZ Conversion. It's a pretty straight forward job, I did this on my driveway, although you may need to seek out a few additional pipes to complete the swap.

I would be happy to assist of you are feeling brave enough to have a crack; also happy to get together so you can see what it should look like and also have a drive to make sure this is the route you want to go down.

There are a number of T25/3 owners in the Hunts area with monthly meet at the Lazy Otter - take a peek at the Splitterz web pages.

PM me with you email address and we can go from there.