PLEASE HELP I'M NEW TO THIS

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

al.tn

PLEASE HELP I'M NEW TO THIS

Post by al.tn »

Hi

I've just bought a 1981 t25, planning on spending some money (a lot I think) at it but want to know some information.

I plan on taking the old engine out, a 2.0 air cooled, and replacing it for something with a bit more power. I was told the Subaru legacy is a good engine that is pretty easy to fit. Have I been told correctly? And is there a company that would you recommend? This is just the start of the project but just trying to put some costing together.

wigster
80-90 Mem No: 7450

Re: PLEASE HELP I'M NEW TO THIS

Post by wigster »

yup, them scooby's are mint, not quite a simple swap, (well electrics to me are a no no, but I am a numpty) but a lovely motor,loads of bits chucking around for em now, do a search on here or the brick-yard and you will find plenty of help/advice, good luck, wish I was doing that to a bus..
HOW MUCH!
1987 1.9tdi pug powered twin slider velle

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Post by scottbott »

good engine to use,will not be straight forward in fitting,you will have to put a radiator and pipework in for a start
Nil carborundum illegitimi

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

al.tn wrote:Hi

I've just bought a 1981 t25, planning on spending some money (a lot I think) at it but want to know some information.

I plan on taking the old engine out, a 2.0 air cooled, and replacing it for something with a bit more power. I was told the Subaru legacy is a good engine that is pretty easy to fit. Have I been told correctly? And is there a company that would you recommend? This is just the start of the project but just trying to put some costing together.

I'm no expert, I know it can be done. But you are missing a few vital parts including a radiator.

Spannerboy does the conversion from WBX to Subaru for somewhere between £3k - £4k. Drive in, drive out.

Have a look on here http://www.rjes.com/
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

camper
80-90 Mem No: 1710

Post by camper »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0532993415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If i had a Aircooled and wanted to replace it with an other.This is the engine i would use (ie link provided).You would need to fit a rad&pipes and fit a loom for the ecu and engine mounts + adapter plate for upright or use a diesel bell housing for slant installation and the sump.The 2E engines are cheap and can be found easily