22611AE151 (53)

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stubbie

22611AE151 (53)

Post by stubbie »

Has anybody got the pin I/O for the above subaru ECU, as fitted to 1999- 2000 legacys fitted with EJ2.5 SOHC engines or perhaps can tell me where I can get such a thing?

RJES
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: 22611AE151 (53)

Post by RJES »

Hello Paul,
As far as I am aware there is no way of trying a pinout (or a wiring diagram) definitively to an ECU part number, even if you have access to all the dealer info systems. The service manuals have wiring diagrams and pinouts for a years worth of a particular model, and it's down to the user to identify which ones are relavant to the model they are working on.
What do you need a pinout for? Andy's harness is definitely the same as yours. If 22611 AE151 runs his engine, it will run yours too. Similarly the MY00 Legacy EJ20 engine and harness in my crew cab are running an equivalent Impreza ECU, because I know the harness and sensore are identical. It's basically the same engine management system, apart from being mapped differently and having a different ECU case to suit an Impreza. I suspecy you're going into this far too deeply.
R J Engineered Solutions Ltd - Quality Subaru Powered VW Components - www.rjes.com - Tel. 01538 752243, Mobile 07761 788669

stubbie

Post by stubbie »

HI Richard,
I have sourced another ECU c/w immobiliser and chip, again without a part number from Grade A, the ECU is marked up in marker pen as coming from a MK3 manual legacy fitted with a 2.5. Luckily on the back of the ECU was a small bar coded part number label and from comparing this with the opposedforces.com parts catalogue I can ascertain that this ECU is another 22611AE151. I wanted to cross check the Pin I/O on the auto ecu (my broken one) and the manual one to see if it is just a simple case of plug and play. I have now managed to source a legacy year 2000 model wiring diagram and it appears that the engine control pin I/O is kept the same for both manual and auto ECU's and that as this engine is now in a VW and not married up to the AT control unit and air-con in the original car then this should work. Unfortunately Grade A didn't have another ignition barrel and immobiliser key antenna and I have sent mine away with my damaged ECU / immobiliser to Automotive OE ecu repairs, these people have failed to repair the unit and I have asked them to send it back and am still waiting. As soon as i have the ignition barrel and antenna, I will plug the new ECU in and give it ago. PS if anyone else has a problem with an ECU I can whole heartedly say AVOID ' Automotive OE ' at all costs, they or rather he talks the talk but then religiously fails to deliver on his promises.

stubbie

Post by stubbie »

Grade A supplied ECU from a 2.5 manual plugged in and bingo! engine started and ran first go with no faults. I haven't driven it yet so I'm still not out of the woods yet.

PS - Does anyone have a legacy ignition barrel and immobiliser antenna for sale?