Subaru ECU question

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stubbie

Subaru ECU question

Post by stubbie »

Does anyone know the difference between a 22611AE151 and a 22611AG100 ? according to my research both these ECU's (manufactured by Unisia JECS) were fitted to European spec RHD legacys fitted with the EJ251 SOHC. My engine was supplied by grade A subaru and was sold as a 1999 engine. The ECU supplied unfortunately was missing it's part number, and Grade A cannot supply the donor vehicle VIN details. The ECU was working fine, unfortunately the rain got to it and now it's dead, along with the rest of my van. The ECU and it's matched cryptographic transponder immobiliser is now with automotiveecu in London, but i fear they are struggling to locate and rectify the fault. My options are now to try and source another ECU complete with matched imobiliser. The trouble is what part number do I request or are the units interchangeable? The 151's seem always to be marked as 53 and the 100's marked as W7, does anyone know what these characters mean?
If anyone has an 1999 /2000 EJ251 SOHC map sensor AT installed I would be very interested in the ECU type you have installed.

Also does any one have the pin I/O's for the above ECU's?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Subaru ECU question

Post by silverbullet »

You need to join the Legacy uk forum - lots of help there. I doubt that there's the knowledge base here for what is still a relatively rare conversion. Subaru can be a nightmare for changes and year breaks, you could ask RJES on his WKD forum but he's a busy man.