another 2e conversion question

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfsbitz

another 2e conversion question

Post by wolfsbitz »

Hi all, i have been planning a 2e engine conversion, i have collected most of the bits i need now and i am now tying up the loose ends before i chuck it in, this is a random shot of my engine so that you know which one it is:Image

Does anyone know where the hose that connects to the top of this throttle body goes?:Image

Also same question for the fuel pressure regulator:Image

And finally the hose that connects to the bottom of the throttle body, i understand goes in to the purge valve but where does the hose that comes out of the purge valve go:Image

Any help with these vacuum pipes will be greatfully received....... :lol:

rowlesy
80-90 Mem No: 1289

Re: another 2e conversion question

Post by rowlesy »

top two are linked with a tee to the airbox mines got an aftermarket cone filter so ive just linked the two with new hose.
the bottom hose looks more like a fuel supply/return to me! but then again you wont have the fuel lines from the donor attached to the engine?
everytime you masterbate god kills a kitten! member 1289 does this still mean owt?

wolfsbitz

Re: another 2e conversion question

Post by wolfsbitz »

Nice one, thanks for that i have since found out that the lower vacuum hose does go to the purge valve which in turn goes to a carbon filter, so i can connect it to the purge valve and then run a hose from it so it can breath, cheers