Fitting 1.9 TDI engine

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

peterbutler
80-90 Mem No: 0

Fitting 1.9 TDI engine

Post by peterbutler »

Has anybody had experience of fitting a TDI turbo engine into a T25? If so whats involved and how complicated is it. At the moment mine has an automatic gearbox with non turbo 1.9 diesel. I would like to keep the automatic as I am disabled. Anyone got any ideas and from which doner vehicle would be suitable to obtain an engine? :?:

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Fitting 1.9 TDI engine

Post by Aidan »

Peter the T3 didn't come with auto and diesel so yours must be a conversion, I'm guessing there's an adapter plate involved, you need to be sure about what you've got, what engine it is and where it came from and how the auto set up is operated before even trying to change engine because it's a bit unique

peterbutler
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by peterbutler »

Thanks Aiden mine is a 1Y engine as far as I know but not too sure about the gearbox. The guy I purchased it off had it put in.
Peter :?

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

sounds like an interesting van
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.