What clutch for use with HA Projekt flywheel?

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jamesswann

What clutch for use with HA Projekt flywheel?

Post by jamesswann »

Hi guys. Can anybody confirm what type of clutch I should be using with an HA Projekt flywheel. I currently have a JX clutch which is slipping. The flywheel is fitted as part of an HA Projekt 1Z 1.9 TDI engine conversion on my 1989 Club Joker. Apologies if I've missed any key information, I am a complete newbie. Thanks very much.
Life is just what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: What clutch for use with HA Projekt flywheel?

Post by Aidan »

I would suggest an email to Thomas at HA Projekt he is very helpful

jamesswann

Post by jamesswann »

Thanks Aiden - much appreciated. I sent an e-mail to HA Projekt a couple of days ago but have not received a response yet (I'm sure they're busy chaps). I'll bide my time and see what happens. Thanks again.
Life is just what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

ewenmaclean
80-90 Mem No: 7306

Post by ewenmaclean »

Hello,

if you got the fly wheel from ha-projekt then I would imagine it's a machined 1z flywheel. If so you'll probably have a tdi pressure plate which will fit a 228mm clutch - the jx was 215mm. This means that the input shaft wasn't modified, which I believe is normally what they recommend. Do you know anything about your gearbox?

If you do have a jx clutch, 1z flywheel and tdi pressure plate with standard T25 input shaft then you could go for a 228mm clutch from the 2.1dj engine setup I think. I just stole all of this information from other posts on this forum and from speaking to Aidan and Russel - I hope I haven't got any of it wrong.

With a bit of luck I'm right and you just need a 228mm friction plate! The good news for you is that obviously your engine is good and strong (possibly 110?) - I've got a standard clutch with a 90bhp 1z and it doesn't slip at all!

Ewen

jamesswann

Post by jamesswann »

Thanks Ewan - your recommendation seems to make sense and sounds promising. I currently don't have any details regarding my gearbox but I will investigate and feed back. Thanks again and also thanks to Aiden and Russell for their input. Still no reply from Thomas at HA Projekt.

jamesswann

Post by jamesswann »

To close the loop on this one; it turned out my 'diesel' bus had a 'petrol' clutch fitted (doh!) The HA Projekt flywheel therefore turned out to be a red herring. It took some working out (by somebody much cleverer than me) but this solved the problem of the clutch only slipping in the higher gears. Not an exciting story but I thought it worth putting on record - if your clutch is slipping in the higher gears, but still stalls in 1st gear with the handbrake on, check the part number on your clutch! The end :ok