AAZ Oil Pressure Sender advice....Please..??

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sundial
80-90 Mem No: 4778

AAZ Oil Pressure Sender advice....Please..??

Post by sundial »

Hope someone can help with a bit of advice...

I've been searching a few posts and agree it seems a good idea to fit an external oil cooler to my AAZ, for simplicity I am sure I'll go for the Brickwerks kit.

Whilst doing this I would like to install a oil pressure sender and gauge, I want to use an electric sender etc and will most likley choose a VDO set up from Merlin Motorsport or similar shop.(need to shop around a little)

If possible I would like retain both the oil pressure switches in ther current locations, instead of fitting a duel switch/sender unit.

What I need to know is which position is the most effective to measure correct oil pressure, back of head or at the oil filter take off.

If its best at the oil filter then I guess I can use the spare outlet adjacent the current switch (providing there physical room to accommodate the sender?)

If its at the back of the head then I guess I would need an adaptor to carry both the existing switch and the new sender?

Any advice would be great..

thanks Keiron

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Re: AAZ Oil Pressure Sender advice....Please..??

Post by jed the spread »

sundial wrote:Hope someone can help with a bit of advice...

If its best at the oil filter then I guess I can use the spare outlet adjacent the current switch (providing there physical room to accommodate the sender?)

This is what I did with mine :ok

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

rsxsr

Post by rsxsr »

The oil pressure will read lower at the head at operating temperature.

ringo
80-90 Mem No: 1375

Post by ringo »

jed the spread wrote:
sundial wrote:Hope someone can help with a bit of advice...

This is what I did with mine :ok

jed

Me too :ok

Ringo
Now driving a big bad VW LT Florida.