Performance Exhaust Wanted for my 2.1 DJ

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Pickles
80-90 Mem No: 142

Performance Exhaust Wanted for my 2.1 DJ

Post by Pickles »

Does any one know who makes a performance exhaust for a wasserboxer. Fast German Auto in the USA made an extractor exhaust (merged) but they don't seem to exist any more.
I got some details from Turbo thomas but his system is very similar in style to the early standard wasserboxer exhaust.
I want something with equal length pipes from each cylinder then merged.
Does any one make one? I seem to remember IOM Si (toomanytoys) was taking about making some.
Can any one help
1989 2.1 LPG Camper
1988 1.6td Syncro Ambulance

Club 80-90 Membership No 142

Diamond Hell
80-90 Mem No: 830

Post by Diamond Hell »

There's a stainless steel system by JP exhausts that has been bought by some number of members of 80-90, but the idea is for longevity, not some bad boy farty noise.... that said the headers should be about the same length, or similar to a std WBX design (that's probably not too awful) anyway.
Diamond Hell
Still Syncro, just much fasterer

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Yeah, I was lookijng at it, and Turbo Thomas was going to do it for me.. but lack of interest and not enought time for the bus to be off the road while it was done, oh and funds...!! (and lack of interest to warrant the investment in 5/10 systems) kinda put it on hold..

As soon as my other transport is registered I shall be getting 2 made.. when i get the engine and mounts/cradles to him..
(thanks for your PM via shotalk)

Mail me if you want to discuss it..