AJT in Syncro

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Pat Dolan
80-90 Mem No: 0

AJT in Syncro

Post by Pat Dolan »

Been gone a while (doubt that anyone noticed, but I thought I'd mention that) and hope to finally get home in a month or so to start in on the massive pile of projects.

Now near the very top of the list is fitting the AJT into '87 Westy Sycro. Got the RSA bellhousing, will buy clutch, flywheel & mount this month, but have to decide what to do with this engine.

Does anyone convert this pump ('99 - '01 T4) to mechanical control? If so, what parts, where available.

If we keep it electronic, I need an ECU. Is this thing immobilizer? If I use another ECU, what is compatible, higher HP and immo-free??

Which injectors do I have, and what are my upgrades (want to keep it down to 130 or so HP)?

Forgive the really silly questions, but this engine was never sold on this side of the pond, and is more than a little exotic to us.

(BTW: for anyone who remembers: our electric T3 project turned into an electric RX7 FB - since we scored a set up ultra-high perf LiPo batteries for such a good deal).
Lifetime VAG hobbyist, racer, etc., bike nut, airplane nut, diesel freak.

dougslug
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by dougslug »

I may be getting mixed up but I think the ajt engine has a seperate imo, it does on the t4 anyway. I have put an ALH (2001) into a crewcab using a kenedy adaptor plate. I got the ecu tweaked and de immobilized by a guy in poland, who incidendly did the whole lot much cheaper than you can get it done in GB. He also replaced the original eproms and returned the old originals so I can put it back to standard at any time. If you do use the imo from a T4 just use the coil reader and key and strap them up under the dashboard