IY ENGINE (1.9N/A) - ECOMATIC????

Alternative power-plants and transplants (GTi, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, diesel etc). Discussion and Q&A last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Kermit
80-90 Mem No: 1211

IY ENGINE (1.9N/A) - ECOMATIC????

Post by Kermit »

Just got hold of a IY engine code 1.9 N/A diesel engine, there seems to be a few wires attached to the diesel injector pump, which I am unsure about, part number on the pump is 028 130 108.

Looking on ETKA it seems this was fitted to an automatic - Ecomatic golf circa 1995 (something to do with the engine stopping when braking etc, to save fuel) anybody got any idea about these pumps or engines and any idea on wiring ?????

The picture below shows the offending cables circled in red

Kerr

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

Kermit
80-90 Mem No: 1211

Post by Kermit »

Thanks, Simon

So am i right in assuming that the top circle is the cold start advance which is underneath the immobiliser which needs to come off??, then I can just connect 12v via a switch for this to operate?

the bottom one can be left unconnected along with the cable between the four fuel lines (not showing) what are they for, any idea?

Kerr

"WEAZLECHIN"
80-90 Mem No: 0

it can be somewhat frustrating

Post by "WEAZLECHIN" »

im having the same problem now, i swapped the 16 for a 19 months ago but still aint got it running, these wires must be responsible.
ive done everything but still no diesel coming through, i may aswell be trying to bleed a rock.. immobiliser + cold start + fuel cut off,then there are the ones between the fuel lines ?????????? what are they? can i get rid of them? if you find out can you let me into the secret, im getting rather p*****d off with it now, cheers jim