Getting LPG into under floor 'torpedo' on a Westy

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RichardU8
80-90 Mem No: 0

Getting LPG into under floor 'torpedo' on a Westy

Post by RichardU8 »

I have a 1987 Westy 'Vanagon' - built for USA. On the feed to the 12 litre leisure LPG tank, slung torpedo style under the van, there is an 'auto stop' valve (made by a firm called AutoStop Corporation of Lynwood, California - previous owner gave me the original maker's leaflet, and said he never used leisure gas !)

I find this 'auto stop' valve is a temperamental sod, with a complicated set of instructions and a fiddly manual 'outage' relief valve on the side that you have to use before and after fillng from the pump.

Have only once got a half decent fill (of the 12 litre tank for gas hob & fridge), usually it goes in so slowly that I've only pushed in 1 litre after 10 mins leaning on the pump button !

Has anyone out there worked out how to get these b*****rs to co-operate?
The Vogon is a 1987 LHD Westy running on LPG

Ivor Brownun
80-90 Mem No: 732

Post by Ivor Brownun »

I am sorry I cant help you, it may be worth posting in General Chat as someone might have a westy with the same liesure tank, but not run their engine on LPG so not look here. Good luck, someone usually knows.
Member 732,

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

sounds like you need to have a word with steve shaw/steve8090.
http://www.gasure.co.uk/
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"