Aftersales service ?

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Aftersales service ?

Post by Ian Hulley »

For those lurking and hesitating about having LPG fitted (by Gasure) here's a little story .....

Our system (1.9DG) was fitted at the end of June this year and 2 hours after Steve left the guage lights failed. Not a problem,we could work on the trip meter until it was convenient to be fixed,Steve offered to travel back nearly 100 miles to fix it but we said "We'll wait 'till you're passing."

Anyway despite a great set-up and running great (shhhh !!) the filler valve gradually got slower until it became a real pain and I phoned Steve asking if he could come and see to it. No problem,no query,no "ah well it's ....." straight away it was "I'll be down and fix it."

So, today we've had a new sender for the contents guage and new filler valve fitted (neither were Steve's fault,they're factory boxed units) totally re-setup and everything no charge at all !

Fantastic job,nothing is too much trouble,what more could you ask ?

Many thanks Steve,

Cheers Jackie & Ian.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

my display has never been reliable (lights on but doesn't read accurately) I always use the trip meter. gives you a better idea of MPG anyway.
member 1168

steve8090
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 2

Post by steve8090 »

How many times do I have to say this, the read out is NOT ACCURATE, please use your trip meter or if you do not have one a little black book and work it out, they are a adornment to the drive computer only, look nice but are not accurate, how can you have any accuracy with 60 odd litres of liquid gas jumping around a cylinder with no baffles, treat it as you would a 20 year old petrol gauge, often more accurate than the gas gauge, and thank you kindly for your nice words.
Steve Shaw
Club80-90 Founder Member
Full Service, LPG conversions, Security and Camper Accessories.
see http://www.gasure.co.uk for full details.
01244 659740

sheldon82
80-90 Mem No: 958

Post by sheldon82 »

Mine works, almost perfectly, can still near 50 miles with the last light flashing. :P
Steve didn't fit this conversion though he has got it running VERY well and done a fantastic job on the conversion & carbs. He got well pissed off with it at times but didn't give up & got it sorted. 5* service.
Thanks Steve
Getting there........ 2.2 HDi MUCH QUICKER
MEMBER NUMBER 958.
Devon