LPG Tank - How Full ???

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MK_Munchie

LPG Tank - How Full ???

Post by MK_Munchie »

I have a 1989 Westfalia T25 with a LPG underslung tank. Being new to the whole campervan thing I have no idea how to measure or check how full the tank is, or how easy (or not) it is to fill up.

Also if anyone knows where and what sort of gas alarm might be needed to detect leaks - any information gratefully received

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Re: LPG Tank - How Full ???

Post by Ian Hulley »

Hi, the tank has a gauge on the side under the cover, these are unreliable but it's there. The filler is under a yellow cap to the right hand end of the panel with a chain hanging off it, this unscrews leaving a German ACME adaptor (useless in the UK) but you can screw a UK adaptor in the center and fill that way. I believe our's is about 15 ltrs ?

Ian
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

uniB
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3694

Post by uniB »

You can get an LPG gas detector from here: http://www.rainbowconversions.co.uk/Equ ... trical.htm towards the bottom of the page. Got one myself but haven't got on to fitting it yet. Not cheap but for peice of mind (and to keep our lass happy) thought it'd be worth fitting one.

Dav, Caryl & Mr O Leary

http://www.dubteriors.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I make quality VW interiors

MK_Munchie

Post by MK_Munchie »

thanks guys