Gas conversion

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lennythellama
80-90 Mem No: 0

Gas conversion

Post by lennythellama »

Hello I wonder if any one can clear up a few points for me. I live in south london (Greenwich) and want the gas conversion. I am told that it is best to use a local company because if thier are any mechanical problems in the future I will have to go to the converter to retune the conversion as they all use different ECU's ? I know everybody is recomendind gas sure but it would be a long distance for me if I have a problem. There is a company in Old Bexley village which is close to me, I dont know thier name but wondered if anyone else has used them or if anyone knows a good converter near me. Any info would be appreciated. rgards Lenny.

OK thanks for the replies but it looks like gas sure.Regards lenny.
Last edited by lennythellama on 14 Jun 2010, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Johny B
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2003

Re: Gas conversion

Post by Johny B »

Gasure south (elite) is in essex :ok
Member 2003

VW Camperhaus

72BUG
80-90 Mem No: 7393

Post by 72BUG »

You will find most people on here will drive to Gasure regardless of the distance as their reputation speaks for itself. They're at the opposite end of the country to me and I used them and shall continue to do so for servicing. As Johny pointed out, they have a fitter in Essex. Not too far to go for piece of mind. :wink:
Martin.

Diesel is an engine not a fuel.

I liked camping so much I went full time.

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I happily took my bus to Gasure - 200 miles from home - but as has been said before, it's about reputation and peace of mind. You can get it serviced anywhere that does LPG, but the installation needs to be good to start with...
PS I understand that ELite VW only do the more basic installs, Steve does the trickier stuff, like my 2.6 8)

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

What engine is it??

But basically, these vans generally dont have/need an ecu for the LPG systems as we have basic injection that isnt interested or carburetors..

The problem going local is they most likely wont have any idea about these vehicles.. which is a downside as they have there own set of little foibles.. :wink: :wink: