L.P.G conversion

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

karl40
80-90 Mem No: 0

L.P.G conversion

Post by karl40 »

Has anyone had their van converted to run on L.P.G? If so what is the approx cost and is there any loss in performance. Should the owner wait until the engine dies and then get the replacement unit converted. I have a 1.9 df and touch wood its all OK at the moment but cheaper fuel would be a major plus as i want to drive the old girl as much as i can and use her every day.

dugwiththevwbug
80-90 Mem No: 2019

Re: L.P.G conversion

Post by dugwiththevwbug »

go for it you dont actually make any major changes to the engine just a venturi in the air intake the rest is all bolt on and plug and play within reason.
you will save a fortune and its better for the engine my petrol landrover loves it.
you will loose a couple of mpg by volume but as lpg is at about 54% the price of petrol its a winner.
power if set up well will be ver much the same
regards doug :ok
Dougsvw-werks.co.uk
My other baby https://www.facebook.com/groups/120903171434150/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Re: L.P.G conversion

Post by kevtherev »

karl40 wrote:Has anyone had their van converted to run on L.P.G? If so what is the approx cost and is there any loss in performance. Should the owner wait until the engine dies and then get the replacement unit converted. I have a 1.9 df and touch wood its all OK at the moment but cheaper fuel would be a major plus as i want to drive the old girl as much as i can and use her every day.

the entire LPG kit fitted to a DF is transferable... to any WBX on a carburettor.

the sooner you can do it the sooner you can save up for that 2.1 :D

VW Type 25 (T3) 1.9 DG/DF full kits £895. 00 + vat fitted complete, (price is dependant on tank choice) that's from gasure uk.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)