LPG cut off valve

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

LPG cut off valve

Post by CovKid »

Will an LPG cut-off valve work as a petrol cut-off valve?
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

fullsunian
80-90 Mem No: 5092

Re: LPG cut off valve

Post by fullsunian »

CovKid wrote:Will an LPG cut-off valve work as a petrol cut-off valve?
Just use a petrol cut off valve...as fitted on the LPG kits :ok
Mmm what's that strange smell from my exhaust...

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Its being fitted as part of an anti-theft device and I presume it should be able to handle any fuel. Will give it a go if no one actually knows.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Fulsonian is right CovKid, you just need the petrol cut off solenoid that is normally fitted between the fuel pump and the carb. The engine will conk out once the fuel in the float chamber has run dry.......the solenoid has a manual bypass mechanism (in case it fails) but hopefully the scumbags will have abandoned the vehicle rather than examine why the engine has suddenly conked out.....
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Yep, normally off or closed unless energised. I just couldn't see why this LPG one (if it carries fuel) couldn't also handle petrol as its the type normally fitted directly to an LPG tank service line which tends to see more fluid than vapour - if you get my point. Just happened to have one lying around and was going to mount it on petrol line with a remote switch. If not, anyone got a petrol/diesel-specific one? :D

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Ah, so you have the in-line LPG solenoid (with internal filter) from your description but whether these can be used for long term petrol use I cannot say. Steve at Gasure might be able to comment or even a supplier such as TinleyTech but I doubt anyone has actually tried one, no manual overide on them either. The petrol type are pretty cheap and available from TinleyTech. The LPG solenoid uses compression fittings so you would need to fit short lengths of 6mm pipe to the inlet and outlet and then solder an olive on to each end of the pipe in order to ensure that the petrol pipe can be secured using jubilee clips otherwise you may find that the connection will leak under pressure. I would probably sell it on Ebay and get a petrol one.........
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Blimey you're right - about £14 - not worth messing around. Thanks for that!