insurance

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

simony
80-90 Mem No: 3423

insurance

Post by simony »

are you supposed to let your insurance know when you have your van converted to lpg ?
simon

fullsunian
80-90 Mem No: 5092

Re: insurance

Post by fullsunian »

Rang my insurance company....gas was not an additional cost and they didn't even need a certificate..But others want to see the fitting cert :ok
Mmm what's that strange smell from my exhaust...

fullsunian
80-90 Mem No: 5092

Post by fullsunian »

Sorry...the answer is yes you should let them know....
Mmm what's that strange smell from my exhaust...

steve8090
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 2

Post by steve8090 »

Yes you do need to inform your insurance, you also need to change your V5 as its a fundamental change to your vehicle, even if the insurance do not ask for a certificate, they assume you have had it converted correctly and it complies with the correct standard or you have had it varified to comply with the standard, the only time you will come unstuck by not having one is when it is in an accident or it blows up, your insurance will then have a "get out of paying free card" and you will have no insurance, ouch, expensive, sorry seen it too many times
Steve Shaw
Club80-90 Founder Member
Full Service, LPG conversions, Security and Camper Accessories.
see http://www.gasure.co.uk for full details.
01244 659740

illzlee
80-90 Mem No: 8010

Post by illzlee »

agree with all above - more than business insurance who insure my panel van only asked whether i had a certificate, as i would need to produce it in the event of a claim. :ok