T25 camper LPG problem

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nikki190669

T25 camper LPG problem

Post by nikki190669 »

I bought a T25 camper last year, it was converted to LPG, but also can switch to petrol Yesterday it broke down while on LPG, the pump carburetor and pipe were frozen, i want to know why this happened and is it easy to fix as i have no idea
thanks Nikki x

simple
80-90 Mem No: 4154

Re: T25 camper LPG problem

Post by simple »

i think your best to move this to alternative fuels forum, thats where all the expertise in this stuff will be. Good Luck :ok
Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint. -Mark Twain

mirams
80-90 Mem No: 2375

Post by mirams »

Sounds as if your LPG evaporator is not getting coolant pumped into it (which keeps it warm and stops this). Check your coolant pipes for kinks - does your cab heater get nice and warm running on petrol?

nikki190669

Post by nikki190669 »

Hi thanks it was the coolant level, and yes it does it get nice and warm when using petrol, just have a little bit of a leak now between the cylinders on the right hand side, wil have to take it to the garage to get that one sorted i think
thanks Nikki

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

You need to keep an eye on the coolant level, if its leaking its going to get worse at some point.. you dont want to be running it with low coolant as that will cost a darn sight more to fix in the long run.. :wink:

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

nikki190669 wrote:I bought a T25 camper last year, it was converted to LPG, but also can switch to petrol Yesterday it broke down while on LPG, the pump carburetor and pipe were frozen, i want to know why this happened and is it easy to fix as i have no idea
thanks Nikki x

By the "pump" I take it you mean the thing that is between the LPG tank and the carb ?
If so it is called a vaporiser.
This freezes, as has been said, because no hot water is circulating round it.
This is likely connected to your next post, quoted below.

nikki190669 wrote:just have a little bit of a leak now between the cylinders on the right hand side, wil have to take it to the garage to get that one sorted i think
thanks Nikki

This will be allowing air into the water system.
An airlock could have got into the vaporiser stopping the water from the engine getting to it and keeping it warm.

However, when you say
nikki190669 wrote:just have a little bit of a leak now between the cylinders on the right hand side, will have to take it to the garage to get that one sorted i think - thanks Nikki

I am sorry to say that problems with leaks from the head to cylinder are usually very bad news :evil:

See this thread -> http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's long, but worth a read if you have a water leak from the heads.

I would recommend you find someone near you that has experience of these engines to get a proper diagnosis.

Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

colinbaines
80-90 Mem No: 7897

Post by colinbaines »

Hi, you appear to live in Chester, where the famed Steve of Gasure UK is. Might he be your first port of call?
He seems to be the recommended expert on everything LPG- he's certainly where I plan to take mine when I can afford it!
Colin
!989 Syncro hi top 2.1 lpg