Weber ICT34 clearance for mixers

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Rockhead_Rumple
80-90 Mem No: 6577

Weber ICT34 clearance for mixers

Post by Rockhead_Rumple »

Prob a question for steve, but gasure isn't open till tomorrow so will give it a shot on here!

Thinking of getting a pair of weber ICT34's for my 2 litre a/c lump from eurocarb. They come with shortened manifolds and pancake filters, but I have been hearing that the pancakes are not ideal for the LPG mixer. Also with space tight in the engine bay, it is possible to have both the mixer and filter on top of the carbs without modification?

Cheers

Rockhead

dugcati
80-90 Mem No: 3825

Re: Weber ICT34 clearance for mixers

Post by dugcati »

sort of...if you put the mixers directly on the carbs you can set up to run on the gas but it will be shocking on petrol as the tops of ICT's have a section on the sidewall with 3 tubes/slots what ever word you wanna use - the centre of these 3 tubes is for air correction and is fouled by the gas mixer rings. Having spoken with Steve at Gasure I was told it's really hard to set ICT's up with LPG if you put the rings directly on top of the carb throats.... thinking about what Steve said and a bit of creating 'tweaking' I ended up using some thick walled rubber hosing with 90 degree bends in it and mounting the rings kind of remotely to the carbs which works a treat.

Ther is another way I found and that is to fabricat some outer to inner rings that sit over the ICT's and lift up the mixers by say 20mm or so - these also work however I couldnt run my air filters with these :roll:

I'll try and get some pics for you - people have said it's tricky to set up ICT's with LPG but a bit of thought and the right pipework/a bit of fabrication and you can get them to operate :ok
It is by will alone that I set my 'van' in motion!

dugcati

Post by dugcati »

Here you go - a pic of the gas mixers in situ on t'bus :mrgreen:

** E D I T**

Yea I know the Cylinders 1+2 HT leads are routed poorly! (Thanks James!)

Rockhead_Rumple
80-90 Mem No: 6577

Post by Rockhead_Rumple »

You got pm Doug!

dugcati

Post by dugcati »

Rockhead_Rumple wrote:You got pm Doug!

You got PM back :ok

The LPG kit is a tinley tech kit one and all of it came from them, I did a self install which I have just today done my first run out using LPG :ok

Dell's are the dogs danglies if your looking for good carbs and running petrol only but to be honset I would guess that ICT's or even ICH's would be as good for LPG as you only using the butterfly valve in the carb body on LPG.
The ICT's are seen as a cheaper 'go between' in that they are generally far better than stock for power but not quit as good as Dell's. They are supposedly very good on MPG but I'm not sure agaist what (stock/Dells/other) and if set upright having no chokes is not too bad - I have run mine in the coldest of UK winter without issues...

If your looking to go ICT on a 1600CT Aircooled then you need to re-jet it too 55 idles , 135 or 137 mains, F7 emulsion tubes and for the air corrector jets you need to run about 160 or 170's ....there is tons of info/threads on Volkszone about ICT's and jets and setting them up :wink:

As for the rubber hosing - I got it from a reli who is a mechanic, they came from moulded pipework that is for a Scarab Road sweeper!

regards