keep or ditch the gas

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

keep or ditch the gas

Post by ..lee.. »

bit of help please guys.

it`s a long story but to break it down my doka is running on gas only. no petrol. none. not ideal i know.

can you run a reserve lpg tank and a switch over valve so i could fill both tanks and then if i run out the first tank i could just switch over to the reserve and also double the range as a bonus.

thanks lee.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Re: keep or ditch the gas

Post by Ian Hulley »

You'll be needing to speak to Steve Shaw ... wouldn't it be easier/wiser just to fix the petrol side though ?

Ian.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

..lee..

Post by ..lee.. »

unfortunatly no ecu, no loom, no afm so not an easy fix. 5 cylinders and 20 valves though. may have to phone steve but didn`t want to bother him with such an abortion of a project.

really dont know what to do with this project may just put a tdi in it and get rid of the gas but as i`ve not had a gas vehicle before and i`m intrigued.

cheers lee.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

he does some very big tanks
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

..lee..

Post by ..lee.. »

i dont think 1 tank is for me without petrol back up. i`ve read enough to realise some gas stations are billing for more gas than your getting and i couldn`t live with that. so for me i`d need to run empty of gas and then go and fill up. with an empty gas tank i`d know exactly how much gas i should be paying for. i`ve decided its going to cost too much to reinstate the origonal injection system so if i cant get it to run off a carb then i`ll end up ripping it all out and putting it back to diesel. shame really as its a really smooth engine.

cheers lee.

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

spoke to gassure recently, you can run two tanks in tandam
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

lloyd
80-90 Mem No: 3244

Post by lloyd »

..lee.. wrote:i dont think 1 tank is for me without petrol back up. i`ve read enough to realise some gas stations are billing for more gas than your getting and i couldn`t live with that. so for me i`d need to run empty of gas and then go and fill up. with an empty gas tank i`d know exactly how much gas i should be paying for. i`ve decided its going to cost too much to reinstate the origonal injection system so if i cant get it to run off a carb then i`ll end up ripping it all out and putting it back to diesel. shame really as its a really smooth engine.

cheers lee.
How much gas is in tank when empty and how much it will take to fill depend on gas temperature... which is related to ambient air temp.. and pressure pump is running. Our 80 litre (less 15%) tank will take from 62 to 67 litres to fill from empty... well empty so engine won't run on gas. :wink:
88 1.9 gassed w/Westy conversion & Reimo topper

MOBS