Some Questions

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Essex Nige
80-90 Mem No: 5870

Some Questions

Post by Essex Nige »

Right i'm thinking of getting a syncro which is sadly petrol 1.9 DG, now i've read on here that a camper gets about 25mpg..

Questions.

Will i get 25mpg out of a syncro (normal driving) ?

I'm i right in saying that LPG gives the same MPG but maybe looses 10% ish in power?

Finally, I'm in Essex is there any where local that does it, or will i find myself having to drive to Gasure?

Nige
1988 syncro 1.9 AAZ, 1984 Doka 1.9 1Y, 1980 Aircooled camper 1.6CT (resting)

Syncronaut Member: 149 :D

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another..."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Flibbertigibbet
80-90 Mem No: 1080

Re: Some Questions

Post by Flibbertigibbet »

I am no expert but my van does not loose power on lpg so not sure why you think that and I would say make the drive to gasure as I have had 2 gasure conversions and no problems
member 1080

keyboard-wielding harridan

trollop@club80-90.co.uk

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Essex Nige wrote:Right i'm thinking of getting a syncro which is sadly petrol 1.9 DG, now i've read on here that a camper gets about 25mpg..

Questions.

Will i get 25mpg out of a syncro (normal driving) ?

I'm i right in saying that LPG gives the same MPG but maybe looses 10% ish in power?

Finally, I'm in Essex is there any where local that does it, or will i find myself having to drive to Gasure

Nige

If i am not mistaken elite is doing LPG conversions under gasure and guess what? They are in Essex. A syncro will do less mpg than a 2wd van and you do less MPG on gas than petrol. I drove from South London to Syncronutz in Scotland (420 miles) in a diesel and i didnt use a tank of fuel (they are a little bit bigger the fuel tanks in a syncro) that costs less than £70 to fill. In my experience it would cost more on LPG and i would have had to fill up a smaller donut tank twice. Offroading in a Syncro is miles better in a diesel if you want a Syncro for that and although i have a petrol Syncro too (2.1dj currently not on gas) I would never buy another petrol Syncro. They are Sh!t in water.

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

No loss of power.. same MPG (2wd, 24mpg LPG)
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Johny B
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2003

Post by Johny B »

Buy a 70lt tank that may fit under the bed
Member 2003

VW Camperhaus

Essex Nige
80-90 Mem No: 5870

Post by Essex Nige »

jed the spread wrote:If i am not mistaken elite is doing LPG conversions under gasure and guess what? They are in Essex. A syncro will do less mpg than a 2wd van and you do less MPG on gas than petrol. I drove from South London to Syncronutz in Scotland (420 miles) in a diesel and i didnt use a tank of fuel (they are a little bit bigger the fuel tanks in a syncro) that costs less than £70 to fill. In my experience it would cost more on LPG and i would have had to fill up a smaller donut tank twice. Offroading in a Syncro is miles better in a diesel if you want a Syncro for that and although i have a petrol Syncro too (2.1dj currently not on gas) I would never buy another petrol Syncro. They are Sh!t in water.

jed

Jed, Diesel would have been my first choice, but this one has come up on Bricky so beggers can't be choosers ;)
1988 syncro 1.9 AAZ, 1984 Doka 1.9 1Y, 1980 Aircooled camper 1.6CT (resting)

Syncronaut Member: 149 :D

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another..."- Luciano de Crescenzo