Any one remember ?

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Steve Goddard
80-90 Mem No: 0

Any one remember ?

Post by Steve Goddard »

Back in the Seventies ,watching a programm on Granada tv where Bob Greeves ,the presenter and a chap from Wales experimented by running a Ford Zephyr Executive (which was a plush modern car at the time) on a mixture of water and a secret ingredient the welsh blokes father had apparantly gleaned from a friendly German prisoner of war he had been guarding.Probably swapped it over a woodbine and a bit o Chocolate.
Anyway they ran the Zephyr from a drained tank on a gallon of ordinary petrol and recorded the mileage it covered and then did the same with the gallon of water/ingredient and lo and behold they did the same mileage.
Anyway it turned out the bloke had been approached by the fuel companies and paid to keep his trap shut.
I was young when I watched this programme and was probably gullible but just wondered if any one else had seen this and could add any more info. Im just curious by the way,not wondering about running the owd lass on Water
Im in the process of trying snow and cow manure which there is an ample supply of up here :D

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: Any one remember ?

Post by toomanytoys »

Wasnt that programe on in 1973... April 1st IIRC........... :rofl :rofl :rofl

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

^^^^whs^^^^ :lol:
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Steve Goddard
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Steve Goddard »

BUGGER! It had me fooled all these years and it was a wind up?????? :shock:

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

:oops: I dont know it was... but I reckon.... :wink:

I think if they had managed to crack the water problem with any great succes.. it would have leaked out by now.. but you can imagine that the oil co's would pay a very large amount of money to keep that under wraps.. dare I say an even greater cost there... life... just think of the trillions of pounds that are made each year.... :wink:

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

Many T25's run on a mixture of Petrol or Diesel and water.

But that is usually because of the big rusty hole in the top of the fuel tank :run
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

ghost123uk wrote:Many T25's run on a mixture of Petrol or Diesel and water.

But that is usually because of the big rusty hole in the top of the fuel tank :run

Or the rusty filler neck (early vans) or the perished filler neck rubber, or the perished breather conections.........

oh dear... I took it seriously again.... :roll: :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl