Performance

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Flibbertigibbet
80-90 Mem No: 1080

Re: Performance

Post by Flibbertigibbet »

jed the spread wrote:Just out of interest how many of you can honestly say your van doesn't run worse on petrol since the conversion. When i had my old van done it ran shocking on petrol.

jed

My Aircooled ran well on both as does the van I have now .must just be you Jed :P
member 1080

keyboard-wielding harridan

trollop@club80-90.co.uk

MrH29
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by MrH29 »

So your saying since you had your conversion done, when you running it on unleaded it runs worse than before?

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

MrH29 wrote:So your saying since you had your conversion done, when you running it on unleaded it runs worse than before?
Not mine... But I hate running on petrol as the van feels rough.... Because LPG makes it sooo smooooth.
Why not PM jed and ask him about these issues he had?
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

mine runs perfectly fine on both ...
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

My LPG set-up needs a tweaking I think as it seems to be running a bit rough on gas but not on petrol (flat spots when accelerating)

Been a while since I had Steve look over it plus I wan't him to have a look at another problem I get when I change over to petrol from LPG. As soon as I stop the van cuts out and then needs a damn good cranking to get it started again (horrible smell from exhaust) only to cut out the next time I stop. However once parked overnight the problem goes away so I think it's a fuel feed carb issue. Anyway it's been bugging me for far longer than I should of let it and it's time to ring Steve for some tlc now he's back after new year.

renokey
80-90 Mem No: 3318

Post by renokey »

If i get my van (1.9 dg) converted to lpg do i still need to get my carb refurbed(no choke)?

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

no
the lpg system does not use the choke
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)