Help! LPG fault...not T25 though.

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

g60steve
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Help! LPG fault...not T25 though.

Post by g60steve »

Is anyone on here an LPG technician who could hopefully help me out with a fault on my 1.4 16V LPG converted Caddy Van?

Basically the Caddy was running brilliant but the other night it started running crap on petrol(i've not been running on LPG because it's low).So i plugged the code reader in and at least 8 faults came up.Cleared them and down to 4 faults.Cleared those and 7 faults and so it went on......

So decided to get an Auto electrician out this morning and between us we've come to the conclusion that the van is trying to run on LPG even though the switch is set to petrol? :?
Zero emissions to confirm this and the emissions increase when easy start is sprayed into the airbox.
A definate smell of gas from the exhaust as well.

It's as though the LPG ECU is over riding the petrol one because when it's warm it starts up and ticks over perfect on petrol for about 3-4 seconds and then starts running on 2 cylinders?

How can this happen and more to the point how can i fix this?

Can i isolate the LPG system safely so the car runs only on petrol to enable me to drive it to a LPG installer/technician to get the fault fixed?

The system is a Tickford one if it helps...or not?

I would phone Steve at Gasure but don't like bothering people when they're earning a living just for a "quick word".

Any help much appreciated as i really could do with sorting this this morning/this afternoon.
There's no 'r' in bought!

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: Help! LPG fault...not T25 though.

Post by toomanytoys »

IIRC Tickford do the "factory" conversions (along with a few others...) Is it a sequential system?
Not totaly sure on this but... If its got a loom adapter/emulator on each petrol injector running back to the lpg ECU then it ought to be poss to remove them from the petrol injectors and reinstate the std plug on the injector, drop the power to the LPG ecu and it might run.. You might have to bypass the lpg ecu's control over the petrol pump operation, might be a relay installed to cut of power to it, or it interupts the petrol ecu's feed... all in all not simple I recon.. might be worth speaking to tickford...