LPG.....Keeps switching back to petrol. Where to look?

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

KarlT
80-90 Mem No: 2266

LPG.....Keeps switching back to petrol. Where to look?

Post by KarlT »

Hi all.
Have got an LPG system in my Doka. Was already fitted when I got it so know very little about it really.
Used to work fine. I had to remove engine but now its all back together the LPG has a cliche.
Keeps switching back to petrol when the revs drop. It stays on LPG while revs are up but when I change gear it switches back to petrol. If I rev it, it goes back to gas until revs drop again.
Tank is full.
Where should I start looking?

KarlT

Re: LPG.....Keeps switching back to petrol. Where to look?

Post by KarlT »

It drives fine on LPG & I can hear the solenoid switching back & forth.

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Since you can't get it looked at by a qualified LPG installer till Monday (at the earliest), might be worth checking all the connections that you may have disturbed or removed when re-fitting the engine. All I can tell you is that on an open loop system there has to be a signal from the coil to keep the solenoids open but it doesn't change to petrol, just dies, might be worth checking voltage to the solenoids and earth connections, etc. Might also be an idea to give Steve at Gasure a call on Monday. Someone may be able to add more but you need to say what type of system is fitted.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

KarlT

Post by KarlT »

Okay. Had a good look around can't see any loose wires (even if some of the covers look loose)

I drove it a few times today & it was always the same.
Starts fine (on petrol) flicks to LPG & I drove it as normal for about 400metres. Then as soon as revs drop it switches back to petrol (gas light flashing) put my foot down & it flicks backs to gas. soon as I stop, back to petrol again. (gas lights flashing)

During resto, I did mess around with this valve. I turned the caps on the left, top & bottom. What are they?

Red wire comes from LPG system & goes to coil.