LPG BREAKDWON HELP

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

vdubstar
80-90 Mem No: 4134

LPG BREAKDWON HELP

Post by vdubstar »

I've got a 1981 2 ltr aircoooled been converted by gasure less than 2 yrs ago shes all of sudden running lumpy local mechnic said ihave gas leaking u can hear it hissing it wont run on petrol either just cuts straight out WHAT can i do as gasure is closed an away till 15th sept please help i am stuck as opn vechile as i got since my car got stolen.... realy stuck and not got clue bout this sort of thing!
Miss Vdubstar .....Duckie the camper.... N hunni the hound....

T'Onion
80-90 Mem No: 255

Re: LPG BREAKDWON HELP

Post by T'Onion »

I would turn the isolate valve off at the tank , that will stop the leak , then switch it over to petrol and try getting it running on petrol
victus in mutuo vicis
Ego mori tu mori

vdubstar
80-90 Mem No: 4134

Post by vdubstar »

Where is this and what do u do i looked for it yesterday but had no luck.....:( i put it straight on gas but it still hisses and runs like poo! someone said about ont he actual tank there is that round thing and you take the lid of but what bit do u do what with! sorry f rbeing typical women!
Miss Vdubstar .....Duckie the camper.... N hunni the hound....

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

The round thing is the gas tight box cover, you should see a knurled round control (usually brass) in there if its like mine. Rotate it clockwise untill you can no longer turn it to shut the gas off. If you switch to petrol you shouldn't hear gas leaking anyway as all the gas valves will be closed.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior