On board gas tank woes...HELP

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Big Boris
80-90 Mem No: 0

On board gas tank woes...HELP

Post by Big Boris »

Hi all, (OH has posted simiarly in Brickyard but thought we need all the help we can get with this one).

The gauge in the underslung gas tank was faulty. OH got it out ok and put ptfe round it. Unfortunately the blooming thng got cross threaded which caused the ally bat to snap which attaches the float to the other bits.

Does anyonw know if there is anywhere that would sell this replacement bit??????

Cheers all.

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: On board gas tank woes...HELP

Post by AngeloEvs »

Is this a UK or German conversion? They do parts/kits here but if its a Westy you have then probably no good http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/ also Gasure (Member Steve80-90) might be able to help with source.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

Hiyah...did this job on mine 2 years ago....from what I remember the float is aluminium but the rod is brass? if so it could be brazed or perhaps silver soldered? something an engineering workshop could do perhaps, they could silver solder around those threads even, stop the LPG leaking into the float again....
Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx

Big Boris
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Big Boris »

Hi, thanks for the replies. It is a Westy Angeloevs. A kind person on Brickyard sent us a link to a German company that does all underboard gas 'bits' but unfortunately not exactly the right float.

Thanks Redwestie. I said to OH about maybe getting soemone to do a 'number' on it. it really is a frail thin little piece of metal!!!

Red Westie
80-90 Mem No: 4712

Post by Red Westie »

' it really is a frail thin little piece of metal!!!'.............just requires a smaller jet on the gas welder and a little more patience! unfortunately I don't have access to this type of equipment anymore otherwise I would have volunteered my services, point is there must be someone on here that can sort you out?
Martin
On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar now sleep xxHayleyxx