lpg leak

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Donald360
80-90 Mem No: 5170

lpg leak

Post by Donald360 »

Got a bit of a scare this morning. I noticed that gas was leaking from one of the lpg tanks under the van. I gave Gasure Steve a phone for advice as I was worried about a vapour cloud developing under my neighbour's window. Further investigation showed that it was the pressure release valve doing exactly what it is supposed to do - releasing excess pressure from the cylinder. I reckon that we must have filled up on a cold day, and now with an increase in temperature, the lpg liquid had expanded enough for the valve to operate.

Much thanks to Steve for sound advice regarding this. I took the van for a drive to lower the fuel level and problem sorted. I know that there is a valve inside that should prevent overfilling but in future I think i will stop short of completely filling the tanks just in case this happens again.

Cheers,
Donald.