Show me your Pierburg LPG mixer please?

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Globbits
80-90 Mem No: 0

Show me your Pierburg LPG mixer please?

Post by Globbits »

I have a Gasure lpg conversion on my T25 but it wasn't originally installed on a Pierburg carb. Now it's on a Pierburg I think I've got it plumbed in right but would like to see a top-down picture of the mixer on someone else's carb to make sure it's right.

I'm looking to see which brass pipe goes to which choke and roughly how far away from the edge the opening is for each pipe.

If anyone can oblige I'd be very grateful!

Thanks
Richard
We're gonna need a bigger barn soon!

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

The picture posted on the Brickyard thread (that you started) looks about right to me. Can't say that mine looks much different to that except the butterfly venturi lpg jet is a tad further back. There is only one gasket (mixer to airbox) and sealant is used for the mixer to carb joint on mine.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum ... 800#215800

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

same as
Last edited by kevtherev on 08 Dec 2008, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Globbits

Post by Globbits »

Thanks - am still fighting this setup and keep changing my mind as to whether the problem's the LPG or the carb. I'm back on the carb being the problem today so thanks for the confirmation my LPG setup is right anyway :oops:

Richard

joshb
80-90 Mem No: 4419

Re: Show me your Pierburg LPG mixer please?

Post by joshb »

I have a piersberg and my pipes are fitted to the airbox so the carb isnt messed with at all. Steve Shaw fitted it last April
Looking for a new van running on LPG

Globbits

Re: Show me your Pierburg LPG mixer please?

Post by Globbits »

Just to say thanks for the (re)-pointers!

As I feared, the problem was the carb :| . Not entirely surprising when you consider it was actually a Dr Frankencarb creation, by combining the best bits of 4 dead ones, but the engine ran surprisingly well on petrol, which rather threw me. Bit of a tribute to the flat-4 engine that you can cobble together a carb and it'll still run, giving reasonable performance and reasonable economy.

That said, Icky's just hooked me up with an old Pierburg (thanks mate) and the engine is completely transformed! Smoother delivery of power - no sign of flat or peaky spots
The idle's much smoother and it responds to the mixture screw now
No clue of economy yet, but I don't have to push my foot down so much so I'm assuming all good :rollin
Oh, and the gas system now runs MUCH better!
Only problem left to deal with is the accelerator pump's not doing its job, but that's probably gunk in the tube or a split rubber. Nothing to worry about

Thanks again

Richard