LPG on an import

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Pike

LPG on an import

Post by Pike »

Today I've had a look at a 1981 2.0 Aircooled T25 camper that has had a Lpg conversion in the past but it has no paperwork or certificates with it to
tell who fitted it. Is it possible to get a safety check / service on it to gain a certificate that I'm guessing my insurance company (RH insurance) will require to cover the vehicle?

The conversion could of possibly have been done in France as the vehicle was originally UK registered, then registered in France and now is back on UK registration.

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

first thing i;d do is email steve@gasure and ask him nicely if he could tell you if it is one of his if you give him the vin ect..... gasure have by far the most LPG t25's converted........if it was a uk job
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

Hi, My imported LHD Syncro came with an LPG installation of unknown provenance.

My insurer (Glynwoods) required an LPG Safety Certificate, which I believe you only get at installation time, but they were happy with with a 'Road Safety Compliance Check' letter from my local Autogas installer, who charged me £30 to crawl over it for 10 minutes! Money for old rope ...

cheers
Patrick.
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: LPG on an import

Post by toomanytoys »

Money for old rope??? cheap i'd say........ he checked it over and found it safe enough to issue a cert... this allowed you to insure it... how much, to run on petrol after you took it off so you could insure it, or fit a new system???
bugger, some people just want everything dont they!!!!!!! :rofl

Therunner
80-90 Mem No: 2735

Re: LPG on an import

Post by Therunner »

£30 sounds reasonable to me :)

Melvin
Around the World in a Tea Daze

1980 1776CT Laurie engine :-)
1992 Leyland Daf panel van camper
1978 Sherpa Autosleeper DeLuxe
Sprite Major Caravan