Clutching at straws!

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Clutching at straws!

Post by ELVIS »

HELP!

LPG in and installed but just wont run properly! (2.1i)
To get it to idle the manual powervalve has to be screwed so far in its nearly shut as if its running WAY rich- but then it just about dies as soon as you start touching the peddle.
To get it to run at revs(powervalve opened up) , it wont idle properly- you have to screw idle out on throttle body a horrendous amount but then WAY to much gas for idle.(but still runs crap)
Engine has been serviced with quality parts. All settings have been returned to factory , checked for air leaks,timing spot on etc etc etc .
Banging me head against the wall.
LPG is installed properly/legally etc .
Mixer is in the same position as ROB + jedthespreads (cheers for the pics guys) and pipework into ISV from mixer is same.

Matey has never done a T25 before and he is absolutely flummuxed (as am i but im stoopid) and has never had this problem before.
Vaporiser is correct type/size/whatever , and is known to be working.

Any ideas at all ? Is there something really simple/obvious/unique/mental in setting up a T25 ?

is my daily driver and doing 40+ miles a day so anxious to get it sorted!!

Cheers elvis

ELVIS
Trader

Post by ELVIS »

A-HA!
just had another look at pics of robs and jeds . is there some sort of metal plate installed beteen the AFM and the airbox ? Mine dosnt have that.What is it ? What does it do ?
Mine has the mixer on the throttle body same as these two guys but no metal plate thingy!

ELVIS
Trader

Post by ELVIS »

[IMG:576:432]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/ ... C03706.jpg[/img]

like this ! see the plate inbetween AFM and airbox?

ELVIS
Trader

Post by ELVIS »

ooo ,oooo ,oooo - I think im clever (cleverer than my chap who fits em - dont think hes fitted one to something with a flap type AFM by the look of it)

quick google shows it to be some sort of vacuum operated flap opening thing so that airflow isnt restricted.

where can i buy one ? (if indeed ive got it right) or am i better off ditching the mixer on the throttle body and putting amixer plate onto the AFM - presumably the gas pressure opens the flap.

Oh how i wish i had used a certain forum member who is au fait with T25s

squire
80-90 Mem No: 3192

Post by squire »

Are you still working on it now at this time..?
" living is easy with eyes closed "

Squire 3192