Westy lpg system

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dekker
80-90 Mem No: 0

Westy lpg system

Post by dekker »

Hi, got a 1980 Westy with standard under vehicle lpg tank supplying coker and fridge. This all worked fine until I ran it completely out whilst away over the weeked (gauge on lpg tank was showing zero). Filled up with lpg using 2 adaptors from Gasure, filler cut out after about 13 litres of lpg, gauge now shows 80% full. This was the first time I had filled up the lpg tank.
Can't get the cooker or fridge to light now! I'm sure all the valves are set right. No smell of gas from cooker. Messed around for 30mins but no sign or smell.
Any idea if I've got an airlock or something? At a loss what to do next.

Cheers, D

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

when you filled up, did you turn the main tap off?

sounding like one of the taps is off.

you should be abel to hear the air coming through before the gas if its a airlock, but shouldnt be more than a couple of mins worth tops.......

when i ran mine after it had been empty i just turned the two rings and grill on and waited untill the air went and the gas arrived, lit all three, then the fridge(which took the longest coz its got the smallest jet).
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

dekker
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by dekker »

Thanks for quicjk reply Mocki. Was no sound of air from cooker even when all valves were turned on corrctly. Just phoned a mate who looks after forklift trucks and works with propane a lot. He suggested tapping regulator gently as "diaphram can stick on old regulators."
Did that while wife listened at the cooker with gas on, third tap whosh of air comming through.
Cooker and fridge both working now I'm pleased to say.

Cheers, D