Any LPG mechanic in the South-East

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Swampy
80-90 Mem No: 2802

Any LPG mechanic in the South-East

Post by Swampy »

Afternoon all.

Father-in-Law's having problems with his LPG setup (It's a Belgian T25 2.1 Multivan with Belgian LPG conversion. I think it's the same sort of setup as over here).

Mick's setup usually automatically flicks straight over to gas after ignition.

However, it's having real trouble flicking over to gas once the engine's warm. It's now getting to the point where the system is having trouble flicking over to gas even when the engine's cold.

He's had a look as much as he can mechanically, but the LPG side of the system he wants an engineer to have a look at.

We're based in Dover, so a trip up to Gasure (much as I'd prefer to) is not on the cards.

Elite VW appears to be the closest place to get the Van looked at. Does anyone know an LPG engineer a bit closer to the Dover area?

Thanks.

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

swampy,

Elite isn't that far...and may be worth it as Gasure trained.

However, there is a gas company in Rochester...Medway Dual fuel who I have used to ask about leisure systems.

That's only an hour from you...and elite is only 45 mins from here on a good run

Em
x
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

Swampy
80-90 Mem No: 2802

Post by Swampy »

Thanks Em. He's currently muttering about solenoids at the mo, but I'll let him know about the Medway company.