Vaporiser water pipe location - 2.1

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Vaporiser water pipe location - 2.1

Post by ELVIS »

where are the inlet/outlet for water feeds taken from/to on a 2.1 ? pics would be nice! although my installer is very competant/experienced this is his first transporter!

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

I initially looped mine into the expansion tank as it uses the identical hose size, negligible loss of coolant (prime the vaporiser pipes with AF/water mix), and covered 4000 miles on lpg without any probs whatsover. The only problem I could see would be large loss of coolant and the vapouriser would freeze, that would be the least of your problems however IMHO. However, I recently changed it to the 'orthodox' method on 1.9's using the carb water heating circuit but best to see how others with 2.1's have it plumbed. As I said, no probs whatsover when I plumbed into the expansion tank but someone may point out a reason not to.

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Re: Vaporiser water pipe location - 2.1

Post by Ian Hulley »

ELVIS wrote:where are the inlet/outlet for water feeds taken from/to on a 2.1 ? pics would be nice! although my installer is very competant/experienced this is his first transporter!

:shock: If he doesn't know that he wouldn't touching my kin Bus !!

I hope all goes well, and you're both well insured.

Ian.
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

ELVIS
Trader

Post by ELVIS »

as with all experts , he dosnt profess to know it all and even though he had a very educated look/opinion of where to run water lines he is always willing to learn/listen to those with experience of a certain marque.

its the experts who dont ask or listen that i avoid :wink:

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Elvis, let your installer use his own judgement.

ELVIS
Trader

Post by ELVIS »

AngeloEvs wrote:Elvis, let your installer use his own judgement.

a couple of guys on here have been very helpful/constructive and sent me a pile of PMs. sorted!