Cheapest and Highest LPG price you have seen?

LPG, Bio Diesel, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Questions and Answers last answered over 2 years ago.
You may also want to visit the 80-90 Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

niffy
80-90 Mem No: 2745

Post by niffy »

We are just about to off to the Isle of Wight and Cornwall - seenig and staying with family. Would really like to take the van - rang the only place I could find on the IOW -Vecta Warm and wait for it......

72ppl :shock: :shock: I think that's a winner!!

Now reconsidering taking the van

Does anyone know anywhere else on the isleand? Also anyone got any advice as to where to fill on route to Wadebridge? (I know there are a few around there, but don't see much on the A30)

Thanks
Niffy

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

I can only find Vectawarm on my database, best fill up before you cross. Look on the bright side, 72p still cheaper than the gold stuff.

Mash
80-90 Mem No: 2251

Post by Mash »

Unfortunately the dearest price so far is north of Glasgow in Lennoxtown at 74p.

Seems strange when you can travel less than 6 miles and fill up at 55.9 in Morrisons.
Matt & Ash

1983 2.1DJ LPG Westy Club Joker 5M
2010 2.0 T5 Multivan 132kW Comfortline(Aus Spec)

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Pees me off this price differential. Should have the Italian system, National fixed price for fuel irrespective of who and where it is sold!

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

last time i was on the "pile o "pooh"" there was only the one lpg station, and it was dear then too....... fill up at lymington ( if you are crossing lymington - yarmouth) just by the railway bridge, cheap too, when it was 38ppl everywhere else it was 33ppl there.......pity you wont be going up as far as bistol - to fill up at cribs causeway on the M5 J17 , cheapest place on the M5.
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

niffy

Post by niffy »

Thanks for that - We are crossing over from Lymington so will do that. :D We are coming back to Portsmouth though, but I think it's pretty standard around there.

We will be coming back up via Bristol so will venture into Cribbs Causway - is it those filling stations by the shopping centre?

It all looks a bit sparse from Portsmouth to Exeter - any ideas- we don't mind which way. Longer the better in my view as we are going to stay with my in-laws ! :lol:

Cheers

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Haven't you got SatNav Niffy? Useful for finding LPG stations along routes, destinations, etc, before you even start your journey.

niffy

Post by niffy »

SatNav!! Why no.. I have a map or route master and a good memory.. Round here in deepest darkest Wales it would either send me up a lane where I would meet some large vehicle coming the other way and we would be stuck for a fortnight :lol: (The poor old van has got a great big new battle scar down the side where the other half went round the corner and slid along a huge wagon taking up the whole road :( ... or if I used it for work visiting clients I would get totally lost as the post codes don't cover streets but fields and remote house names.

I must admit I did long for one last week when me and out 6 year old went down to Poole and I ended up following general signs for the sort of Yeovil area through Bristol city centre and she was no good at reading the map!! :o She was very good at talking all the way though :x

It moght be another thing to add to my wish list though!

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

I was thinking more in terms of using it for finding lpg stations. The LPG sations can be downloaded onto your SatNav and are displayed. No matter where you are, or where you are going you would be able to display all the LPG stations in the area, pick one, and then get the satnav to take you there.

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Indeed it would

and all of them are in the POI's for satties, from download section of the club website.

not to be sniffed at niffy!
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

niffy

Post by niffy »

:oops: :oops:
Apologies- not meaning to sniff at anything! I was explained why it's not there now - but if it can help me on my LPG hunt then it goes on the wish list.... along with lots of other things :wink:

cornishpete
80-90 Mem No: 4647

Post by cornishpete »

I have only been gassed for a couple of weeks "Thanks Steve at Gasure" its wonderful. I find this website http://www.go-autogas.com/ and its map invaluable, I search each county I am driving through find the cheapest stations (not always up to date but fairly accurate) and if they are on my route or not too far off then they're used to top up. You can save the cost of the map on one fill up. No sat nav here my missus loves map reading
Membership number 4647 Put a beggar in a SYNCRO and he'll drive to the devil

mikey9
80-90 Mem No: 3885

Post by mikey9 »

Niffy - my attitude exactly on SatNav - and I collect/create the data that is used in them there systems......

......however - the one thing that has made me see some value in one is this very issue. Finding LPG stations. They can be out of the way industrial estates, farms and obscurley named petrol stations. Unless you have access to better in van mapping than me then they can be difficult to find.

I am on the lookout for a £50 sat nav with the capability to upload POIs and (West Euro mapping. SOmeone mentioned Navigo so am off to see what I can find.....
Mikey

Van for sale - see my For Sale Post

Member 3885

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Whoa......now 49p at Morrisons......... :D :D .

steve8090
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 2

Post by steve8090 »

You should start to see a reduction in price of at least 2p/ltr as bulk gas and oil prices start to fall, LPG in North Wales went up to 56p/ltr it has now dropped to 52p/ltr and should be back to sub 50p/ltr in the next week or two. 8)
Steve Shaw
Club80-90 Founder Member
Full Service, LPG conversions, Security and Camper Accessories.
see http://www.gasure.co.uk for full details.
01244 659740